Your accommodation & amenities
Boasting a wealth of original features including moulded ceilings, marble floors and wood burners, the house has been furnished with a mix of new and antique. It has been superbly restored and lavishly decorated with convenience and comfort in mind.
Living space (downstairs)
- Grand entrance hall from the imposing front porch with large seating area.
- Magnificent, spacious drawing room, the focal point of the house, with dance floor, baby grand piano, large glass fronted wood burner, table tennis, and doors to the lawn. The perfect entertainment space.
- Well equipped country kitchen complete 4-oven electric Aga and featuring some original shelving. Further equipment includes electric cooker with ceramic hob, microwave, dishwasher and other electric utensils for modern living.
- Spacious dining room with open fire and large bay windows. With a large handsome dining table that comfortably seats 16 and a second table that seats 6.
- Morning room with wood burner & plasma TV/DVD, the perfect room to sit and enjoy the morning light.
- Children’s room with bean bags, TV, DVD & Nintendo Wii.
- Outer kitchen and utility room with washing machine and dryer, fridge freezer.
- Coatroom with WC and basin.
- New – additional kitchen space – one extra american style fridge freezer, dishwasher, kitchen cupboards and storage space.
Sleeping accommodation (upstairs)
The house has nine bedrooms and sleeps either 16 or 22:
- Magnificent large spacious family room with large bay windows overlooking the Gardens and the River Dore featuring a large super-king bed and 2 sofa beds, perfect for a family to share and with its own en-suite.
- Twin room with access to family bath and shower rooms with period fireplace.
- Spacious double bedroom overlooking the river with en-suite bathroom (with shower) and zip-link beds.
- Double bedroom with a large Edwardian style basin and access to family bath and shower rooms.
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room and zip-link beds.
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room and zip-link beds with a wonderful view of the River Dore and the Black Mountains.
- Family bathroom.
- Family shower room.
Through a door on the main landing we now have -
- One double bedroom with en-suite shower, toilet and basin.
- One double bedroom with zip link beds with shared bathroom with original roll top bath, shower, basin and toilet.
- One double bedroom with shared bathroom with original roll top bath, shower, basin and toilet.
If you need the house to sleep 16 we can keep the door closed on the landing and the three additional rooms can not be used but if you need the house to sleep 22 we can open the door. Just let Clare know when you are booking what you require.
All the quality zip-link beds can be made up as doubles or twin beds.
- Fabulous 4-oven electric Aga
- Modern oil-fired central heating throughout.
- Fuel, power & starter packs for open fire & wood-burner included. Extra fuel can be purchased from the local garage.
- All Bed linen & towels included.
- Cot & highchair available.
- Off road parking for 7 cars.
- Covered bike storage.
- Hot tub.
- Large, enclosed lawned garden with spacious gravelled sitting area with garden furniture & BBQ.
- Access to Abbey Dore Court Gardens (when open to the public between April & end of September, between 11am and 5pm, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, by arrangement and an additional charge).
- Two dogs welcome.
- Sorry, no smoking.
- Village pub in Ewyas Harold – The Temple Inn which is 2.5 miles from the house.
- Ewyas Harold has a shop, butcher, fish and chip shop and two pubs.
- Set back off a quiet country lane, Abbey Dore Court offers the best of both worlds: the convenience of modern facilities with the timeless appeal of a breath-taking location and beautiful grounds. The house is impeccably maintained, with bright and spacious living areas and a wonderfully tranquil atmosphere – enjoy a family meal in the stunning dining room, or relax outside in the garden and listen to the relaxing sound of the River Dore running by.
- Please note the property is beside a trout stream about 20 metres from the house (The River Dore). Although it is fenced for your safety we do insist that children are supervised at all times.
- If you are interested in fishing the river please call Sarah Evison on 01981 240419. There is a charge per day which she will arrange with you.
Catering & Cakes
Catering can be arranged for those special occasions during your stay. We have local caterers available to provide three course catered meals or just to leave a (welcoming) meal in the Aga for you. Choose from Herefordshire Game Pies to Michelin 5 Star dishes. If you are having a birthday party or celebration why not let us arrange cakes, flapjacks, cupcakes, brownies etc to be delivered to the house. For more information please call Clare on 07824 398766.
In House Massage – why not arrange for a local mobile beauty and holistic massage therapist to come to the house, for her website and details please visit www.katesmobilebeauty.co.uk